THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
LAY’S® SOCCER PROMOTION
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE LAY’S SOCCER PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR’S INDEPENDENT JUDGING AGENCY (“JUDGES”), WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three (3) months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on June 24, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 21, 2018 (“Promotion Period”). The computer of Sponsor's Web master is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, purchase any bag of LAY’S® Potato Chips (2.75 oz. or larger) and look for the code located below the “guaranteed fresh” statement on the front of the bag (“Bag Code”). Next, visit LaysFlavorKick.com (“Web Site”) and follow the instructions to input your Bag Code, register, and play for a chance to win an Instant-Win Prize (a “Play”). To play without making a purchase, visit the Web Site and follow the online instructions to register and play trivia for a chance to win an Instant-Win Prize (also a “Play”).
If your computer screen or mobile device displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of an Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification). If your computer screen or mobile device displays a non-winning prize message, you are not a winner of an Instant-Win Prize. Randomly selected times, during the Promotion Period, will be chosen by the Judges, and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules (whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator's computer on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Promotion Period) will win a prize (subject to verification). For each Play, you will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing for a chance to win the Grand Prize. All Plays must be properly received and recorded within the Promotion Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. Odds of winning an Instant-Win Prize depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received.
Limit three (3) Plays per day per person/email address. A “day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end the following 11:59:59 p.m. CT.
Data rates may apply if entering with a mobile phone or other Web-enabled device using your wireless service provider’s network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
All participants must have a valid email address. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Plays (including but not limited to Plays made using any script, macro, bot or Promotion service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of Plays and/or prizes, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified, all Plays will be deemed invalid and any prize won shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about July 23, 2018 from among all eligible Plays received by the Judges whose decisions shall be final. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible Plays received.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
One (1) Grand Prize-Awarded via the Random Drawing: Winner will receive a trip for him/herself and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, California to attend an LA Galaxy home game (“Game”). Travel expected to occur for a 3-day/2-night trip during the following time period: August, 2018 and October, 2018. Exact travel dates to be determined by the Sponsor at a later date, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from major airport nearest winner’s home) for winner and his/her guest (if winner lives within 150 miles of destination, ground transportation may be provided instead of air transportation); double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (two  rooms); two (2) tickets; and $300.00 spending money (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: Up to $3,380.00. Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
Applicable to Grand Prize: Travel, accommodations, and the Game are subject to availability and change. Ground transportation, meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. All travel subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation terminal (or other types of transportation) restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. Selection of airline, overnight accommodations, and Game are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled prize-related activities (including, but not limited to any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, or prize providers) beyond its control. In the event the winner and/or a guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or due to Force Majeure), Sponsor will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. Additional prize award details and travel information will be provided to the trip winner at the time of notification. Winner must be able to travel on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Winner and his/her guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g. passport or valid driver’s license) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Any minor guest (under age of 18; 19 in AL or NE) must be accompanied at all times by minor's parent or legal guardian who must be the winner. Guest (or if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete and return a Liability/Travel Release within a specified time period (see Section 6).
Instant-Win Prizes: Instant-Win Prizes are listed as follows: Quantity / Description / ARV of each prize.
Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize may be forfeited. Total ARV of all prizes is up to $22,880.00. Limit one (1) Instant-Win Prize per household. A winner of an Instant-Win Prize is eligible to also win the Grand Prize.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Prizes won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence may be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email, phone call and/or mail following the Grand Prize Drawing date and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of prize notification.
Potential Instant-Win Prize winners will be notified instantly with a prize-winning message during their online session at the Web Site. The prize-winning message will also include instructions on how to claim the Instant-Win Prize (subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules).
Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or Internet service which may result in a potential winner not receiving an initial prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email address or mailing address. If (i) a potential winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions as stated within the email notification, (ii) a potential winner cannot be verified, (iii) a potential winner does not return any required documents within the time period as stated herein, or (iv) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the applicable prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Instant-Win Prizes will be shipped within four (4) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. If an Instant-Win Prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability to award that prize.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer or device resulting from participation in the Promotion. In the event of an identity dispute of an online participant, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used to submit a Play. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if participants are minors) release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting a prize, recipients (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if recipients are minors) (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. BAG CODE DISCLAIMER: Bag Codes are void if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels, or if any part is defective, altered, duplicated, photocopied, forged, counterfeited, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if Bag Codes contain or are the result of printing, seeding, typographical, mechanical or other errors, or do not contain proper security devices. Sole liability for a regular official Bag Code is limited to replacement with a free randomly selected official Bag Code, while supplies last. Bag Codes may not be transferred, sold, bartered, auctioned (including through Internet auction sites), given away, traded or obtained through any source other than through the method described in these Official Rules. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, programming, seeding, printing or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed in any prize category, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on prizes, if any. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any difference between the stated approximate retail value and the actual retail value will not be awarded. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the operation of the Promotion, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the remaining prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 21, 2018 to: Lay’s Soccer Promotion Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 880-775, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
12. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2018 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.